Setting up the multichannel output for Kontakt in Reaper is not the easiest thing in the world. I set it up a few times and it’s not fun. The last time I got it set up perfectly I saved it as a track template and now I can instantly open Kontakt and all the extra tracks with everything routed and named properly. This saves a ton of time!
Because it’s such a pain I’ve decided to share my template with you.
- Download file: Steven Slate Drums Track Template
- Open Reaper, go to the options menu and select “Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder…”
- Navigate to the “Track Templates folder”
- Move the file into this folder. Close explorer/finder
- Back in Reaper, go to the “Track” menu, select “Insert Track From Template”>Steven Slate Drums Multi-Out
- Note- Whenever you load a new kit, you need to push the “Reset Out Map” in the Kontakt mixer section.